Dwarfed by Turbines

Dwarfed by Turbines

Thursday, June 11, 2009

June 11th - Update to date and Council Meeting

Two nights ago, my husband woke up around 2 or 3 am and was having a "dizzy feeling". He could not get back to sleep, and felt nauseous. We had thought the milder weather was helping our symptoms, but I am deeply concerned what will happen when the fall returns. We still have all of our symptoms although some of them seem a bit lessened at present (which makes sense as the turbines have been much slower and on some days not turning at all). One symptom that continues to worsen for me is the headache. When I am away from here, it seems to disappear, but on my return home it comes back and seems to be getting worse. It is not a migraine, but a dull aching in my front forehead, sinus area and around my jaw and ears. I often feel as if my glands are swollen, like today for example, but when checked the doctor says she sees no evidence of an infection. Our biggest worry at present is with our oldest son. He enjoys watching movies in the evening, and some television with his father. Lately, when watching anything, he constantly complains that he can not hear and wants to turn the television up to it's highest volume. We will definitely be having his hearing and eyesight tested, however, he was tested not that long ago and so I am very worried that his inability to hear is related to the "sound" he mentions often. I believe he is suffering from a ringing in his ears but does not know how to describe it.
This is why the Council Meeting on the 15th is so important to all of us. There are new regulations for the Green Energy act, and I am not sure how they will affect the Chatham Kent proposals. I know that a Certificate of Approval from the Ministry of Environment is required and I am not sure if all of the projects have theirs as of yet so perhaps they will be subject to the new rulings. I believe that under the new rules turbines within 3 km of a residence need to be regulated and not send out over a certain decibel of noise. I believe it was less than 3km when the turbine near our home was put up, so perhaps there is some hope for others moving forward. I still don't understand why the wind turbine companies can not just agree to be a suitable distance from homes. Surely there is enough unpopulated area in Ontario to run wind energy without being so close to our homes.

No comments: