Dwarfed by Turbines

Dwarfed by Turbines

Saturday, April 10, 2010

April 10 - 2010 Update

Did not notice the turbines too much last night and this morning is a beautiful one. Yesterday, I still felt sluggish and had that annoying headache!! Today though seems to have started out great...Now that the nice weather is here, I am excited to spend more time away from the house and the turbines and see if that helps the ongoing, fatigue, headaches, moodiness and general feeling of "blah"...There are many workers here today which is exciting because we are finally at the final stages of the renovation and even though the vibration has not been a problem like it was, we are excited to see if the finishing touches (siding, etc.) will solve the noise problems and allow us to get some decent sleep at night. Of course, with the nice weather we now experience the noise and annoyance outside! Here we have this great yard and we can hardly enjoy it as the constant sound of the turbines is hard to ignore...even at the front of the house, the other day it sounded like a train behind the house going by.
Chatham Kent continues to approve turbines and our newest worry is the 55? going up in the Merlin project not far from here. I believe we may be surrounded by turbines this time next year....talk about compounding the problem!!! I have to wonder, When is enough enough? What will it take for the powers that be to realize that the setbacks from homes are not far enough? With whole towns of people all over the world becoming ill after turbines - and all with the same symptoms (headaches, joint aches, sleepless nights and all that goes with that), you would think that the issue would at least be tested, investigated and dealt with to protect the public. I mean really, the opposition is not asking for zero turbines, simply setbacks that are a reasonable distance to take care of the problems....That's my two cents for today...I am only grateful that the kids seem to be okay, and other than the complaints at night - "my legs are hurting" "my back is hurting"...they seem to be, as kids are, quite resiliant to the problem....
Have a Beautiful Day !
Nik

5 comments:

April Colby said...

Hi Nik!
I was wondering if you would be able to email me your contact information so I can email you some interview questions. I'm hoping to get my story written before the weekend.

Thanks so much!
April Colby

Nik said...

April, what is your email address?

April Colby said...

it's AColby12@stclaircollege.ca.
Thanks again!!

saeed said...

Hi Nik,
I tried to leave an explanation but it may have got lost when I registered for google account.
My specialty is in vibrations and you can contact me if you did not receive the explanantion. Thanks.
Saeed

saeed said...

Hi Nik,
Can you please contact me? Thanks.
Saeed