Dwarfed by Turbines

Dwarfed by Turbines

Thursday, July 9, 2009

July 9th - hope it's the flu

My youngest seemd to be hot yesterday and today although when we took his temperature he did not have one. He vomited a couple of times but says he feels fine. He mentioned the "spinning" so I hope this is a flu and not related to the wind turbines in any way. He does not seem ill other than feeling warm to the touch and vomiting. He is in good spirits and says he is not sick...it is a strange one....it's pretty calm today and I feel pretty good - no headache and we all slept great the night before last - actually, it was kind of funny, even the kids slept in and for the first time in 5 years we were sleeping in and someone came to our door at 9am!!! I could not believe it!! Too funny!!! We have had a lot of visitors lately, and that is okay. I understand that people wish to see and hear the turbines. It would be great though, if people could call first so we could be prepared and better able to actually speak with them rather than running out the door, or trying to feed the kids, or whatever. My cell is 519-358-8000 and I usually have it on so it is a good number to call. Thanks.

I know the VOW group, Victims of Wind is planning a meeting soon so if you are suffering from the effects of wind turbines and would like to speak to others with similar issues, visit their website and contact them to find out about dates and locations....

Also, I have been informed that it is very important to lodge complaints with your local MOE office, as well as reporting issues and problems (noise, etc) to the Spills Action Centre (open 24/7) at 1-800-268-6060. More victims are coming forward, but without complaints and records, it is difficult for govt agencies to respond in a timely and urgent matter.

An interesting story: A friend of our recently purchased a home on number 3 highway and had commented that out of his kitchen window in the distance he could see the lake and enjoyed that view....as of a few days ago, he now sees a wind turbine.... I have noticed that several new ones have gone up in the area, or are being prepared for erection. I can only assume that these were approved earlier as I understand that our council has tabled decisions on new projects until August.

Nik

No comments: