Dwarfed by Turbines

Dwarfed by Turbines

Friday, May 29, 2009

May 29, 2009, From the Beginning

It was about a year ago when the turbines were being erected behind our home on neighboring properties. We were not at all concerned as we had rec'd the information and been invited to the meetings and were told that wind turbines provide a great source of energy for the community and would be quiet and unobtrusive. The picture "dwarfed by turbines" was taken October 2008, not long after the turbines were up and functioning. I took the picture because I thought the turbines in the distance were a pretty picture. I had no idea at the time how they would affect our lives.
Since the turbines began operating, we have experienced several problems which are a result of the noise, and the vibration, and I believe dirty electricity coming from the wind turbines. I have filed complaints with the municipality of Chatham-Kent, and with Kruger wind energy. As a result, they have set up testing equipment to monitor our home to see if they can determine what noise and vibration we are actually living with and whether it is above the "acceptable standards". While I appreciate the effort, I have to wonder if the equipment can truly understand what it is like to "feel" the wind inside your head and body. At least it is a step in the right direction. My greatest concern is how quickly more and more wind turbine projects are being approved and built in the local area. Even though there are complaints and concerns, our city council continues to approve the projects. Why? I do not understand why they don't study the existing problems and look for solutions before going ahead with further projects and causing unnecessary suffering. I have written letters to council, letters to newspapers, and spoken to various people to say that this is a real concern and our family are real victims. From these letters, I have received several calls, including a man who brought this issue to the attention of council two years ago, another who spoke with council 1 year ago and brought a signed petitition which he says was disregarded, and a local woman whose family is suffering very similar effects at a nearby but different location. I will post those articles and letters, and my blog will move forward from hear detailing our symptoms and our progress with the local projects. IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING THE EFFECTS OF THE WIND TURBINES, I ENCOURAGE YOU TO LET THE MUNICIPALITY OF CHATHAM KENT KNOW ABOUT IT. AN INFORMED GOVERNMENT WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE BETTER DECISIONS ABOUT EVERYONE'S HEALTH AND WELFARE.

No comments: